Independent Mediators manages the practices of nine of Europe’s leading full-time civil and commercial mediators. The mediators joined forces to form a dedicated mediation ‘chambers’ which offered a new model for independent mediation practice.Independent Mediators manage the practices of nine of Europe’s leading full-time civil and commercial mediators. The mediators joined forces to form a dedicated mediation ‘chambers’ which offered a new model for independent mediation practice.
- The business was launched in 2007 and now comprises nine full-time commercial mediators, two of whom are well-known commercial negligence silks and seven former solicitors.
- Independent Mediators has been involved in more than 5,500 mediations since launch.
- Between them the mediators have undertaken more than 8,750 mediations during their careers.
- IM mediators have worked with parties from over 85 countries, as mediators, mediation advisers to governments and companies and in delivering mediation training.
They are acknowledged as leading mediators in The Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners. In addition all have been welcomed into the Legal 500 Hall of Fame. They all feature in the international directory Who’s Who Legal: Mediation, which recognises the world’s leading commercial mediators. Three of our mediators feature in a list of those selected by Who’s Who Legal as ‘Global Elite Thought Leaders’ in mediation. Recognition of our standing in the international mediation sector was cemented when Independent Mediators were awarded Mediation Firm of the Year 2019 and Bill Marsh was awarded Mediator of the Year 2019 by Who’s Who Legal at their annual awards ceremony.
Our mediators cover a wide range of commercial disputes in almost every sector of business and law. Values range from tens of thousands to multi-billion pounds and are between parties from all walks of life and all over the world, including companies both public and private, national governments, public bodies/authorities and group actions. The mediators regularly travel all over the UK and internationally for mediations.
The mediators are self-employed and independent, and share a central service to administer all their mediations, offering clients the advantages of:
- A single contact point for all nine mediators – no need to call each mediator separately.
- Instant diary availability and mediation bookings.
- Harmonised documentation and fees – with complete transparency on all fees.
- A standard mediation agreement and timetable for submission of papers.
The structure ensures maximum convenience and speed for clients with minimum overheads. Our aim is to make the process of appointing a mediator as straightforward as possible.
L-R, top to bottom: Charles Dodson, Phillip Howell-Richardson, Kate Jackson, Michel Kallipetis QC, Jonathan Lloyd-Jones, Mark Lomas QC, Bill Marsh, Andrew Paton and Nicholas Pryor
International Dispute Resolution Centre,
70 Fleet Street,
London, EC4Y 1EU
Tel: +44(0)20 7127 9223
Return to the Disputes Yearbook 2020 menu
You must be logged in to view full premium content.