Venue: Hilton London Syon Park, London
Getting down to business
The decision makers – The key issues – The real debate
At a glance
Enterprise GC 2019 is the marquee, two-day general counsel event from Legalease. This will be the fourth year of EGC, held at the Hilton London Syon Park, in March 2019.
The summit gathers more than 100 senior speakers and guests and provides sponsoring partners with a chance to work on a best-in-class event from one of the top legal publishers in the world.
The programme includes plenary sessions, workshops, keynotes and roundtables, drawing on the elite of Europe’s in-house profession as well as speakers from the wider business and academic community. Another highlight is the Monday-night gala dinner at the historic Syon House.
Steering committee and speakers
The senior in-house counsel already joining our core advisory group to refine our programme and speak at the event include:
- Sarah Nelson Smith – regional general counsel at WeWork
- Kate Cheetham – group general counsel, Lloyds Banking Group
- Sabine Chalmers – group general counsel, BT
- Sean Roberts – senior vice president and general counsel, GSK
- Richard Price – general counsel, Anglo American
- Maaike de Bie – general counsel, Royal Mail
- Matt Wilson – associate general counsel, EMEA, Uber
- Alison Kay – general counsel, National Grid
- Richard Price, Anglo American
- Bjarne Tellmann – group general counsel, Pearson
- Mark Maurice-Jones – general counsel, UK and Ireland, Nestlé
- Jeremy Barton – general counsel, KPMG UK
- Lucy Vernall – group general counsel, Funding Circle
- Michael Coates – associate general counsel, Shell
- Barry Matthews – director of legal and third party sales, ITV
- Rushad Abadan – Group general counsel, Standard Life Aberdeen
- Rushad Abadan, Standard Life Aberdeen
- Charlotte Heiss – group chief legal officer, RSA
- Philip Richards – group GC, Rio Tinto
- Geoffrey Timms – general counsel, Legal & General
- Catherine Johnson – group general counsel, London Stock Exchange
- Angus McBride – general counsel, News UK
- Chris Newby – European general counsel, AIG
- Kerry Phillip – legal and external affairs director, Vodafone
- Ruwan De Soyza – Deputy Group General Counsel and head of public policy and government affairs, Worldpay
- Sarah Nelson Smith – European chief legal officer, Yum! Restaurant
- Rob Booth – general counsel, The Crown Estate
- David Eveleigh – group general counsel and company secretary, Serco
Programme content to include:
- A half-day focused on talent, training and careers in-house, including a set-piece debate on general counsel taking outside roles and non-executive directorships. Topics will include gender diversity and the challenge of running in-house teams as the demands of young lawyers change.
- A series of sessions covering cutting-edge operations in-house, including advances in technology, project management, procurement and knowledge management.
- A dedicated focus on the financial services sector, reflecting the scale of the industry and its track record in building many of the most sophisticated in-house legal teams.
- The programme will also focus on a number of legal, business and strategic topics dominating the agenda of general counsel, including crisis management, GDPR, Brexit and much more.
Partner programmes and sponsorship enquiries:
London, United Kingdom